Leeds-Liverpool 200th Anniversary Flotilla (2016) - in Farnhill

2016 marks the 200 years since the completion of the Leeds-Liverpool Canal (although the Skipton to Kildwick section - the first - was completed in 1773). To celebrate the occasion, the Leeds-Liverpool Canal Society organised a flotilla of boats to do the journey in the week of the anniversary.

Here are some photographs of the flotilla as it passed through Kildwick and Farnhill early on the morning of October 17th.

The Canal Society's own boat, The Kennet, passing through Barrett's bridge at the bottom of Priest Bank Road.

About the flotilla.

Just some of the boats passing though Barrett's bridge and approaching Parson's Bridge.

The "knitted canal" laid out on Parsons Bridge, ready to welcome the flotilla.

Moving on towards Farnhill.

Some of the boats at Redman bridge.



Close-ups of some of the boats passing Milking Hill bridge.

Entering into the spirit of the event.

The flotilla approaching the bridge at Cononley Lane End.


Some more pictures of the beautiful boats - at Cononley Lane End.

Goodbye. The flotilla moves on towards Farnhill Wood.

With many thanks to contributors: Mike Scarfe, Martin Moran, Helen Law, and Graham Taylor